AIRCRAFT IDENTIFICATION (maximum 7 characters)
This consists of the aircraft registration letters or the company designator followed by the flight number which are to be used by air traffic services for radiotelephony communication and coordination.
This field can be filled in in one of the following ways:
- aircraft registration when:
- in radiotelephony, the call sign to be used by the aircraft will consist of this identification alone (Example: DAGXC or N137DK)
- preceded by the ICAO telephony designator for the aircraft operating agency (Example: SMALL-AIRLINE DAGXC)
- the aircraft is not equipped with radio;
- operating agency and flight number: ACA123, KLM672, BAW74W, etc.
- tactical call sign (usually military): BRUNO12, SWIFT45, RED1, etc.
The most frequent option for general aviation is: aircraft registration.